BannerBottom

BannerBottom

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Small Accomplishments

It's easy to get caught up in all the stuff you haven't done yet; all the dreams you've yet to fulfill.  But you know something?  Every once in a while it's good to just sit down and number up your accomplishments--especially the ones you don't always think of.


Here are some things I used to suck at, but can now do:


-After a lifetime of struggle, I've finally gotten my digestive system to balance out.  That's right guys, I'm now one of those people who poops on the regular.


Oh heavens to Betsy, Mabel, why didn't you tell me?


-After 8 years of training and 4 years of practice, I finally rinse out the kitchen washrag between uses.

-I can French braid my hair perfectly.  Without a mirror.

Like this!


-I can broil garlic bread without burning it.

-I can have an orgasm.

-I can shave my armpits without cutting myself.

-I can ride my bicycle 3 miles straight without having an asthma attack.

OMG!  I made it to the end of the driveway without an inhaler!

 How about you guys?  What are your small (but not-so-small) accomplishments?


5 comments:

  1. Hmm. Here are some of mine:

    - I can actually leave the house with a toddler. Yeah. I know!
    - I have just started remembering to bring my sunglasses with me when I go out on a sunny day.
    - I am so grown up that I write our family a fortnightly budget AND stick to it!
    - I can get through a whole Zumba work out without dying :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG...you can KEEP A BUDGET?

      I'm not joking, I'm seriously impressed. I can write one, oh yes, but I can't stick to it. And it's not because I'm a big spender or an impulse buyer or anything like that either...I just find that things in my life SHIFT so much and so CONSTANTLY. I can't maintain pretty much any sort of regularity (except the poop, obviously).

      Delete
  2. I am not buying entire cakes for myself any more since I moved out form home...
    Oh, I can understand English - which comes as a surprised because that subject nearly got me kicked out of school

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes the kids who seem the worst at it in class are actually the best when it comes to speaking the language fluently later on. I was actually surprised when I found out English wasn't your first language--you have a very solid grasp of it even in writing, which is sadly more than I can say for most of the English-speakers I encounter on the internet.

      And I have moved past eating an entire box of Kraft mac n cheese in one sitting too--which is probably about as bad as a cake. *High five!*

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

If you comment, you get free candy. But not really.