Sunday, March 24, 2013

...I Don't Get It.


Not that I've ever understood most performance art very well.  But this?  I just...don't get it.

Tilda Swinton (The Chronicles of Narnia, Moonrise Kingdom) is part of a performance piece on display at the Museum of Modern Art, called The Maybe, in which she sleeps in a glass box.  On display.

...That's it.  Just her, some cushions, and a jug of water.  Sleeping.

Sounds riveting, right?

Photo courtesy of Gothamist.


Am I missing something?  Am I just as cynical as my grandpa and totally unappreciative of modern art?

Maybe I should create some "art" where I do incredibly normal, boring things on display.








1 comment:

  1. Haha love your picture. I bet there are actually people out there who would go to see someone pooping. I wonder about this world sometimes! Do you think people only care because it's Tilda Swinton? Like if it was just me, would anyone really be fussed because I'm not famous? Because, seriously, I'm so tired that I'd call anything art if it allowed me to sleep and everyone would celebrate it instead of annoying me with Grown Up Stuff I Have To Do.

    ReplyDelete

Commenters will be lulled to sleep at night by Morgan Freeman, who will also give them free candy.

Spammers will be forced to listen to Andy Dick and Dane Cook argue about comedy while they are trying to sleep, and will be force-fed twinkies until they throw up.

Google Analytics Alternative